Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Research Blog #8

Interview

As a member of the Greek community writing about the Greek community, I found a plethora of subjects to interview.  Since the main case in my paper concentrates on the transition between collegiate life and professional life, I chose to interview a senior named Carly within my sorority, so I could get her perception of the topic.  Carly helped me a lot with her interview.  Carly is a Human Resources Management major, graduating in a few weeks.  She is currently experiencing the process of applying and interviewing for jobs.  She had heard of the term "soft skills" before and helped me gather a personal story in regards to how sorority life can build them up before a career.  A topic that Carly touched on multiple times was the fact that Greek life opened her to experience in leadership that she would not have found elsewhere.  She said this leadership experience could help benefit her in her HR career in recruiting because it made her more sociable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment